SPUTTERING - NEW DEVICE COMBIMET MC 21
Combimet MC 21 offers three different deposition technologies in one device :
- THERMAL EVAPOTATION
- ARC DEPOSITION
NITROTHERMSPRAY – AN INNOVATIVE SPRAY COATING METHOD
NITROTHERMSPRAY is an innovative spray coating method where the conventional paint application medium, i.e. air, is replaced with nitrogen, with the possibility to increase and stabilise its temperature at the same time.
In most cases, the application of the NITROTHERMSPRAY method reduces the nitrogen pressure levels. This, in turn, helps to cut costs considerably by reducing the so-called overspray.
The device used in the NITROTHERMSPRAY method is a continuous-operation device placed between a compressor and a spray gun. With the use of a special membrane, the device breaks the incoming air into two streams: one contains mainly nitrogen and is used for spraying; the other contains mainly oxygen and water vapour and is released outdoors. The stream rich in nitrogen is free of contaminants and water. A heating system installed within a NITROTHERM pipe integrated with the device allows for heating the stream to the desired temperature.
The device can be connected to any of the following types of spray gun:
• a high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray gun,
• an air mix spray gun, or
• an electrostatic spray gun.
Nitrogen is suitable for spraying with the following types of paint:
• solvent-based paints,
• high-concentration (HS) paints,
• water-based paints,
• one or two-component paints.
The benefits of the NITROTHERMSPRAY spray coating method:
• reduced overspraying, paint/lacquer consumption reduced by up to 30% or more
• easier spray booth and filter maintenance
• eliminates wait time between coats (wet on wet)
• reduces application time by 25-50%
• reduces the number of paint layers
• eliminates the orange peel effect
• eliminates the motting effect
• improves colour matching
• removes surface moisture
• 100% control of delivery
• consumption of solvents reduced by 50% or more
• reduced VOC emissions
Presentation of the NITROTHERMSPRAY spray coating method